While the word “copywriter” is unfamiliar to most, the job of a copywriter is actually very simple: to create marketing and business content that attracts, captivates, and converts an ideal client. So, what does a copywriter for photographers do? I write sales copy for photographers to help them flood their booking calendars with dream clients!
Maybe you’re tired of struggling through written content that never seems to get finished. Or your website isn’t attracting your ideal clients. Or you’re getting ghosted by potential clients somewhere in your introductory email workflow. If any of these situations feel familiar, you need someone to boost your written content to help you get the conversions you need. And that’s where a copywriter can step in!
But a copywriter can’t GIVE you a personality or save a failing business. We fill very specific roles and succeed under particular circumstances. To avoid dissatisfaction after working with a copywriter, it’s important to have a firm grasp on what we do and don’t do.
Let’s break it down more clearly:
What a copywriter does:
- Helps define your ideal client.
- Refines the brand voice and unique writing style for your business.
- Helps coax out and cultivate that brand voice and writing style if you don’t have one yet.
- Writes website and marketing materials, such as your primary web pages, blog posts, client guides, social media content, and email templates.
- Writes with a focus on SEO to ensure your ideal clients can find you when they go a’Googling for a business like yours.
- Gives your brand a sense of professionalism and trust through quality written content.
- Builds an initial relationship with your ideal client that helps you stand out from the crowd.
What a copywriter doesn’t do:
- Teach you how to become a better photographer or run a quality business—that’s what mentors and coaches are for!
- Design your website—that’s what web designers are for!
- Post your content for you—that’s what YOU are for!
How will your business improve after partnering with a copywriter for photographers?
- You’ll gain a more vibrant understanding of who your ideal client is, what they want, and how to connect meaningfully with them.
- You’ll have more confidence in your written content, marketing materials, and overall business voice.
- You’ll see higher rankings on Google thanks to SEO keywording.
- Your emails will actually inspire your potential clients to take action instead of ghosting you.
- Best of all, you’ll have more time to focus doing what you love, rather than worrying over your written content!
How to know if you’re ready to work with a copywriter for photographers:
- You’re already booking tons of clients, but you’re struggling to book IDEAL clients.
- You’re getting tons of inquiries, but you’re struggling to turn those inquiries into bookings.
- You’ve got a vibrant personality, but you’re struggling to communicate that in your written content.
- You’ve got a remarkable story to tell, but you’re struggling to hone in which parts to share on your website.
- You’ve got tons of beautiful galleries to share on your website, but you’re struggling to write the blog posts for all of them.
- You’ve had success in one location or style of photography, but you’re preparing to move or pivot to another photography style.
- You’ve grown as a photographer and you’re ready to increase your prices or client experience, and now you need the written content to match!
So, why book a copywriter for photographers rather than just any old writer?
- I’ve spent five years refining the experience to specifically suit a photographer’s needs.
- I intimately understand the language and process of your work so you don’t have to waste time explaining it to me.
- Because I have to find ways to make each photographer’s business sound unique, I don’t settle for the obvious, and I can help you avoid sounding like everyone else.
- With over five years of experience and nearly 150 photographers served, I’ve repeatedly proven that I can help a photographer’s business shine.
So, what do you do if you want to work with a copywriter for photographers?
Well, I have great news, because you’re in the right place! I offer a signature two-day experience designed specifically to help experienced photographers totally revamp their websites in record time! I’d love to hear from you, answer your questions, and book your experience!
Or if you’re not ready to invest in a full, custom rewrite, I’ve got plenty of templates and resources to help you conquer your content in the meantime!
Whether you choose a custom rewrite or the library of resources, I look forward to helping you take your business to the next level through the power of engaging, effective written content!